ASUS Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) Software Image Version: TW_V22.214.171.124 For TW SKU only*
1. OS upgrade to Lollipop.
2. Android 5.0 does not support Battery widget, Text To Speech, Dual App and MiniMovie.
3. Add Auto-start manager to manage memory and improve system performance
4. Add ZenUI Help, Backup and Free HD Games
5. Check-in 1GB RAM performance optimization mechanism
File Size : 635.25 MByte
FE170CG is upgradable from the previous firmware version of Android 4.4.2 to Android 5.0. If the current firmware version in your device is Android 4.2.2 or Android 4.3, please update to Android 4.4.2 version first.
How to upgrade your device firmware from Android 4.2.2/Android 4.3 to Android 4.4.2?
1. Auto Upgrade: Settings > About > System update > Check update. Please follow the step to upgrade the firmware.
2. Manual Upgrade: Please download the latest image file from ASUS official support download site, and then follow the SOP to upgrade the firmware.
The latest firmware version of FE170CG Android 4.4.2 for each SKU:
Note: If user wants to upgrade Android Lollipop 5.0, please do Auto Upgrade to V126.96.36.199 and then the device is able to upgrade to Android Lollipop 5.0 (V188.8.131.52). User also can manual upgrade to Android Lollipop 5.0 from V184.108.40.206.
Your device will receive Android 5.0 firmware update notification message automatically after Android 4.4.2 is installed. Users can also upgrade Android 5.0 firmware manually from ASUS official Support site.
Steps of Update:
1. Check software version of your device**
2. Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
*How to know the device model?
Path: Settings->About-> Model number
Example: ASUS PadFone2
**How to know the device software version?
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
*System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please backup your important data before system upgrading.