Asus ships the ZenFone 2 with Android Lollipop out-of-the-box, coated with Asus' custom ZenUI skin on top. ZenUI is quite a departure from stock Android but adds a few neat tweaks that could be useful for quite a few users, and is as zippy as ever. For example, the Smart Group functionality in the app drawer bunches similar apps together into folders, which comes in handy when you don't want to go through the trouble of sorting apps one by one. Similarly, the App Lock feature lets you add a password to any app, preventing others from opening things you don't want them to.
The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Thanks for your support.
1. ASUS Backup
2. Data Transfer
3. Dr. Eye (TW SKU)
4. Jawbone UP
5. EZTABLE (TW SKU)
6. Google Play Books
7. Google Play Games
8. Google Play Newsstand
12. Party Link
13. PC Link
14. Photo Frame
15. Remote Link
17. What's Next
18. Yahoo Shopping (TW SKU)
19. ZenFlash (Can be downloaded from Google play)
21. Asus Game center
22.Update security patch
23.Improve system stability
24.Slove multiple region calling problem
Steps of Update firmwares:
1. Check software version of your device
2. Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
3. Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, .
4. Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
5. Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
*How to know the device model?
Path: Settings->About-> Model number
**How to know the device software version?
Path: Settings->About-> software information->Build number
***System upgrade may cause part of data missing, please buckup your important data before system upgrading.
Download Firmwares Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML => Firmware and Flash tool
For more information please refer to: