The Lollipop update on Galaxy A3 brings the same UI as that on the Galaxy S5 and other Galaxy devices, which have been upgraded to the latest Android software. That includes, the material design based UX. Apart from this there are some new Samsung apps like the phone dialer, and messages now have a more colourful interface.
The heads-up notification, improved battery life and performance are other noteworthy changes the Galaxy A3 is eligible for.
At present, it is not known if Samsung has released the OTA. But you can download the stock Lollipop build on your Galaxy A3 using our step-by-step guide below, if you cannot wait for the OTA notification.
Firmware Version: A300HXXU1BOK5
OS: Android Lollipop
OS Version: 5.0.2
Build Date: November 18, 2015
- Odin Tool (Download)
- Desired firmware package
- Samsung device drivers (Download)
1. Download and extract a zip file containing your desired firmware.
2. Open Odin Tool.
3. Boot your device in the "Download Mode":
Press Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active will show on the display .
4. Connect your device to PC via the USB cable while in download mode.
5. Next, check the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options in Odin Tool.
6. Hit the AP/PDA button then browse and select a tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
7. Finally press the start button to begin flashing the firmware update on your device untill finish.
8.Recomended for go recovery and wipe data and cahce then reboot device.